Hello Bookworms, and welcome to another post from The Paperback Princess! I hope you all had a great weekend. I finally got all my schoolwork done for this week, and today I have to work on the reading and take notes for my next week of classes! Today I am going to be doing the Reading Habits Tag, so let’s get right into it! ❤
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
- I usually read wherever I can. That ends up being mostly my bedroom and my garage.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
- I’ve used both, but I have been using a bookmark more and more lately.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
- I like to stop after finishing a chapter, but sometimes I stop randomly if I need to do something quick or I will stop at the end of a section of the chapter.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
- Not usually. But I will sometimes have my tumbler of ice water with me.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
- I have to have either silence or soundscape music on. I can’t have talking or a TV show going if I’m trying to read. I just can’t focus on the book.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
- Honestly one at a time. I don’t know how people read multiple books at a time. I like to stay in the story until the very end, not go back and forth between two or three different plots and worlds.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
- I would like to say everywhere (I have a book in my purse), but I usually only end up reading at home. Too much distraction in the world to read lol.
8. Reading out lout or silently in your head?
- Definitely in my head. I only read out loud if I am trying to figure out what a sentence is saying.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
- If I know something exciting is about to happen, my eyes immediately try to read ahead, but I’ve never actually skipped parts or even full pages before.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
- Keeping it like new. I used to break the spines when I was a teenager, but as an adult it hurts my heart lol. I like seeing the book as new, even if I’ve read it a million times. I guess it’s just a little pet peeve of mine.
11. Do you write in your books?
- No!! The only time I’ve done that is highlighting stuff in self help books or reference books that I’m going to write down later. NEVER a novel!
12. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time?
- Hmm, usually afternoon and evenings. But I absolutely love to read whenever I get the chance. And if I had enough time in the day, I would definitely be reading all the time!
13. What is your best setting to read in?
- Probably in my bed under the blankets, soundscape music on, with no distractions.
14. What do you do first – Read or Watch?
- Honestly it depends on which one I find first. I have read the book first and then watched the movie, and then there were times I found the movie first and then read the book afterwards.
15. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book?
- Definitely physical book. I love feeling it in my hands and the smell of books. I guess I’m a little old fashioned lol.
16. Do you have a unique habit when you read?
- Probably that I need music with no lyrics to listen to when I don’t want to read in silence. I just can’t read and focus if there are other words around me.
17. Do book series have to match?
- Cover wise, not really. I mean it would be pretty, but it’s definitely not a must have. As for story line matching, absolutely. I feel like that’s kinda the point of a series lol
That’s it for this tag! I hope you all enjoyed reading about my reading habits! Let me know in the comments about some of yours! I’d love to hear from you guys! ❤ Next time I will be doing the Fictional Bucket List Tag! Join me next time, bookworms!!
-The Paperback Princess 👑